Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Twitter

I will leave this as I first posted it but was I ever wrong about this! I post to Twitter A LOT. I post usually only about food-related topics (a neutral, non-controversial subject, I figure) and have found some other very interesting food-obsessed people this way. I am a total Twitter convert, I'm afraid, as Susan will attest, as she is following my posts.

My original post on this:

Twitter is not my cup of tea. Pausing to mention what I am doing or where I am going, etc., would break the flow of my invariably fast-paced day. Interacting with Twitter would interfere with interacting with my kids when they are around, so I would never use it while they are awake. So that I am Twitter-literate, I have done everything required for the assignment. I am following Susan at NLC, and Blake Carver, a librarian who's listed in the article we were to read. I looked up some cooking-related terms and am following a pastry chef. My stepson is apparently on Twitter, and I'm following him, too, but I suspect that he posts rarely.

I cannot imagine wishing to convey this sort of thing on a regular basis:

sgardner2 I roasted a 30-pound Hubbard squash last night. How tasty it is!

No comments: