Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Flickr apps, etc.

There are so many Flickr apps and add-ons, it's a jumble of things. One list of these that I saw is only organized alphabetically, so it's not intellectually arranged in any way. So you have to scroll through and see what there is. Another of the lists is arranged by platform and by a couple of other criteria, so it was more easy to use.

I played around with the Spell with Flickr app and spelled "lentil soup" (which I am craving these days). http://metaatem.net/words/lentil_soup I also tried DUMPR jigsaw and Fastr, a couple of games. Cute. And I looked at Clockr.

As for what might be useful in a library, Flickr Search could be useful because it's an add-on for Firefox which would make it easier for patrons and staff to search Flickr right from the browser. The blurb for it says: "This is a simple search plugin for your Firefox browser, that allows you to quickly search the public available Flickr tags." Could be good.

No comments: