Saturday, December 27, 2008

Podcasts

Podcasting is the topic that drew me to participate in 23Things, ultimately. I was hoping to learn how to post podcasts through this course, so I am so glad that there are resources listed for doing that. As for listening to podcasts, I have done that off and on for a couple of years now. To fulfill the requirements for this Thing, I subscribed to NPR's Sunday Puzzle with Will Shortz, and I added the RSS feed for it to my Bloglines account. I often miss it on Sunday because it is on at a busy time in my house. So subscribing to it will help me catch it each week.

Podcasting is a great way to share audio and video sessions with a potentially wide audience, so it has innumerable applications in libraries and academia, etc. Also, I imagine that some version of it is probably going to be around for a long time. The only thing that I don't like about subscribing to podcasts is that they just keep coming, whether you have time to listen to them or not. It's one more thing to keep track of and to incorporate into every day life. But I know that I am free to delete one if I don't listen to it--though that is somehow easier said than done. In all, I am amazed at all the content that is available, and I adore the audio format.

No comments: